I had a lot of bananas hanging around yesterday, from a long, busy, smoothieless week prior, and they needed to be used before they over ripened. Hence this banana bread, which is so moist and delicious, it’s as much a dessert as it is a wholesome breakfast.
This bread has no added sugar, but relies on the ripe bananas for its sweetness. It’s also gluten free.
Here you go!
- 5 ripe bananas mashed
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, melted
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of real salt or sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mash bananas
- Add eggs, almond butter and vanilla and stir gently
- Melt butter and add it to the egg mixture and gently stir again, don’t over mix
- In a separate bowl, combine hazelnut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt
- Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until batter is smooth
- Pour batter into a very well greased loaf pan
- Bake 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Allow bread to sit for about 30 minutes before slicing
- Slice and serve, warm
- Refrigerate over night if you want to serve it the next morning