Hello! I used to make this recipe with raw, local honey, but I wanted to modify it so that my 28-Day No-Sugar Group could enjoy it too, and I finally came up with something rich, creamy and sweet, with no added sugar! Not even raw honey.
- 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk (feel free to substitute coconut milk, cashew milk or another type of milk)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of raw cacao. I like this brand.
- 3 large medjool dates, soaked in warm water and pitted
- berries and shredded unsweetened coconut as toppings (optional)
- While you are slicing your avocado and adding vanilla, almond milk and raw cacao to your blender, drop the dates into a jar or bowl of warm water to soften them.
- Remove dates from warm water.
- Use your hands to pull the stems off and pits out of the softened dates and add them to the rest of the ingredients in the blender.
- Thoroughly blend ingredients, pausing blender, when needed, to help combine ingredients.
- Continue blending until combined and smooth.
- Top with berries, shredded coconut or bananas.
- Makes about 4 servings.