Hello! This recipe is a take on the one I sent to Recipe of the Week subscribers last week, with almond meal and parmesan breading on chicken. Only this time, I used green zucchini and yellow squash, which are two varieties of summer squash. The category “summer squash” usually includes both green and yellow zucchinis and pattypan, zephyr and cousa squashes. You can use any type of summer squash for this dish.
2 pounds summer squash (I used 4 zucchinis and 1 yellow squash)
2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon real salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup almond meal
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Remove the stem ends and slice the squash cross-wise in 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- In a bowl, toss squash rounds with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the squash rounds in an 8×8-inch rectangular baking dish or 10-inch pie dish.
- In another small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and almond meal.
- Sprinkle the parmesan/almond meal mixture over the squash rounds.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another five minutes.
- Switch to broil and broil until the top is crispy.
- Before serving, lightly mix squash rounds and crispy covering if desired.