This chocolate zucchini bread is so delicious, it was almost gone between the time I took it out of the oven and the time I sat down to write the recipe. My kids gave it a big thumbs up.
If you are looking for a “veggies for breakfast” option, a healthy snack for after work or school, or even a dessert, this quick bread might do the trick.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 tbsp grade b maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond butter, maple syrup and cacao powder and combine well.
- Add eggs and fold them in as well.
- Next, add vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Over another small bowl, shred your zucchini until you have one full cup.
- Put shredded zucchini into a clean towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Add zucchini pulp to the mixture and stir.
- Place mixture in a lined or greased 5×9″ loaf pan (I greased my pan with coconut oil).
- Bake for 40 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes before serving.