Last week, I wrote about how the air quality has been very poor in the Bay Area because of the wild fires to the north of us. Tens of thousands of acres of precious land and homes have been destroyed, and worse, lives have been shattered or taken in the midst of this unthinkable natural distaster.
I am in awe of all the helpers, especially the first responders who risk their own lives and health to save others.
As promised, below is a recipe for a very quick and easy smoothie which will give you an abundance of Vitamin E, especially the lung healing form if it: alpha-tocopherol.
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 teaspoon beetroot powder* (I like this one) *optional but great for circulation. you can also throw a small cooked beet into this smoothie.
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin c powder (I like this one)
- 2 cups water
- Place all ingredients into your blender and blend for 45 seconds.
- Makes 24 oz. one 12 ounce smoothie for now and one for later.