I just got my hands on some beautiful Hawaiian turmeric from Good Eggs and I wanted to share this bright, shiny smoothie recipe with you, in case you can grab some turmeric too. Hawaiian turmeric is very mild, almost like the mix of a sweet carrot and ginger root. It is a wonderful antioxidant, and this smoothie will add some sunshine to your January days.
This smoothie makes two servings and has some definite high points, including almost 7g of fiber per serving and about 60% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C per serving (based on a 2,000 calorie diet).
- 1 cup cashew milk, although you could use another nut milk like almond milk (I used Forager Project brand, but cashew milk is very easy to make at home too).
- 1/2 cup coconut water (I like the Harmless Harvest Brand)
- 2 seedless clementine oranges, peeled
- 1 banana, peeled
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and pitted
- about 1 inch fresh turmeric root, peeled
- some extra turmeric peeled and grated on top of your smoothie is optional
- Add all ingredients to your high-speed blender.
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Makes two 16-ounce smoothies.