This is an update from last July’s chocolate zucchini bread. I used a touch less sweetener, added some blueberries and made muffins too, so bake time for that is below.
If you are looking for a “veggies for breakfast” option, a healthy snack for after work or school, or even a dessert, this quick bread might do the trick. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (squeeze excess water out of the shredded zucchini)
- 2 pasture-raised eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grade b maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint organic blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl combine the almond butter, maple syrup and cacao powder and combine well.
- Add eggs and fold them in as well.
- Next, add vanilla, baking soda and salt.
- Over another small bowl, shred your zucchini until you have one full cup.
- Put shredded zucchini into a clean towel and squeeze out excess water.
- Add zucchini pulp to the mixture and stir.
- Fold in blueberries last.
- Place mixture in a lined or greased 5×9″ loaf pan (I greased my pan with coconut oil). Or use regular-sized muffin tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes (for loaf) or 25 minutes (for 1 dozen muffins). When a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center, it is done.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes before serving.