Let’s stay on the vitamin A train! This smoothie is naturally sweet and nutritious. It has healthy fat, a ton of fiber and all the makings of late fall, with beautiful beta carotene which helps support your immune system, tamp down inflammation (it is an antioxidant), support vision and promote normal cell development.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, I use New Barn with the green label
- 1 apple, pitted and cubed
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin (I use canned organic pumpkin for this recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 inch of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- Blend all ingredients thoroughly.
- Makes two 8-ounce smoothies.