Hello! This is such a wonderful summer salad. Eat it for lunch or as a side at dinner.
- 1 cup quinoa (I used this quinoa)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium red onion, with paper peeled off
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored and stem removed
- the juice of one lemon
- real salt or pink Himalayan salt to taste
- In a fine mesh sieve, thoroughly rinse and drain 1 cup of quinoa under cold water until the water runs clear.
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth and bring to a fast simmer.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid. Reduce heat to maintain a low simmer and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat (keep covered) and steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
- While quinoa is cooking, dice red onion, avocado and bell pepper.
- Add red onion, avocado and bell pepper to a mixing bowl.
- Add cooked quinoa to the same bowl and mix everything together.
- Add lemon juice and mix again.
- Add salt to taste, if needed.
- Eat this dish right away or place in a glass storage container and eat the next day.
- Salad will be more delicious the next day and even more so on day 2.
- Will last covered in the refrigerator for two days.